Friday, January 18, 2013

Do You Choose To Be A Victim........


When will I realize that I need not permit anyone’s behavior to confuse my life and destroy my peace of mind?  When will I learn that there is no compulsion, in law or ethics that forces me to accept humiliation, uncertainty and despair.  Have I perhaps accepted it because I have a subconscious desire for martyrdom?  Do I secretly relish feeling sorry for myself and want sympathy from others?
I have a right to free myself from any situation that interferes with my having a decent life and pleasant experiences.  Every human being is entitled to live without fear, uncertainty, and discomfort.  I should take a firm stand and hold fast to whatever decision I make, to help not only myself and my family, but the suffering addict as well.  Constant wavering can only hinder me from breaking out of my present thinking patterns. 
“God guide me to make the right decision and give me the fortitude to cling to it against all pressures and persuasions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment