Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I believe... That you can keep going long after you think you can't.


This day I will concentrate on the inner meaning of the Commandment “Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thy self.”  I will accept myself, for that is the primary condition under which the good in me can grow.  Unless I am at peace with the child of God I am, I cannot love and help my neighbor.  Regrets are vain.  They interfere with the good I could do today, the making of the better person I want to be tomorrow.

Condemning ourselves for mistakes we have made is just as bad as condemning others for theirs.  We are not really equipped to make judgments, not even of ourselves.  Thomas A’Kempis said: “All perfection in this life is attended by some imperfection and all our farseeing is not without obscurity.”

Today I pray for the wisdom to build a better tomorrow on the mistakes and experiences of yesterday.

I believe...

That you can keep going long after you think you can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment