Monday, January 6, 2014

What Others suffer From Us......

Weighing Decisions
(One Day at a Time)

“There are some things I absolutely refuse to accept,” says a member at a meeting.  This is too often true of someone who is unable to admit there really is a way to weigh our decisions and admit that they might have some fault at hand.
Before I decide I cannot accept this or that, I had better examine MY part in the deadlock.  Were my expectations unreasonable?  Did I demand too much?  Am I being confronted with a natural reprisal for my rigid, uncompromising attitude?
If we have hurt someone or demanded too much of them, swift retribution may dismay or infuriate us.  Shouldn’t we search out the causes and do something to correct them?

TODAY’S REMINDER:
I may feel ever so justified in “taking a stand,” but let me consider whether it was something I did that led to the crisis.  To remain unyielding may result in disaster I am still less prepared to accept!

“We are quick enough at perceiving and weighing what we suffer from others, but we mind not what others suffer from us.”

(Thomas A’Kempis)

No comments:

Post a Comment