Monday, June 9, 2014

If I could Just Take A Pill...... Would I....

If someone were to say to me: ‘Here is a medicine that can change your whole life for the better; it will put you in a state of relaxed serenity; help you overcome the nagging undercurrent of guilt for past errors, give you new insight into yourself and your spiritual value, and let you meet life’s challenges with confidence and courage. ‘ Would I take it?

That is the promise of the Twelve Steps and the Atonement of Jesus Christ, if we do not cling to our burdens, our emotional upsets, family wrangling and wretchedness.

I will set aside a time each day to center my thoughts on the Twelve Steps and/or the Atonement.  I will take them one at a time and observe how constant study changes my point of view.

It is not easy assignment, but life without them isn’t easy either.  My choice will be to take this beneficial medicine and let its healing magic work in me.


Paraphrased from One Day at a Time in Alanon, p 166

No comments:

Post a Comment