Monday, June 9, 2014

If Thou Endure It Well Neal A. Maxwell 4 December 1984

Can you and I endure hatred, misrepresentation and misunderstanding? “And ye shall be hated to all men for my name sake. But he that endureth to the end, shall be saved.” Mark 13:13. In this world, brothers and sisters, try as may, the record is never set fully straight anyway. Misunderstanding and misrepresentation, go with this terrestrial [earthly] territory and we as a people are just beginning to learn that all over again. Moreover, enduring well involves all of life’s seasons, not just one. “and they have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time afterwards when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word’s sake, immediately they are offended.” Mark 4:17. “and now my son, I trust that I shall have great joy in you because of your steadiness and your faithfulness unto God. For as you have commenced in your youth to look to the Lord your God, even so I hope that you will continue in keeping his commandments, for blessed is he that endureth to the end.” Alma 38:2.
That’s your situation.


If Thou Endure It Well Neal A. Maxwell  4 December 1984

No comments:

Post a Comment