Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Infinite Work......

I am of infinite worth May I ask you to think with me for a few moments about patience with self. Have more patience with yourself--more self-understanding. I would plead that we understand it is not our role to be self-condemning. I like to think when we are taught "Judge not, that ye be not judged," that it has direct reference to us and our relationship with ourselves. We should not judge ourselves. We should teach ourselves patience--patience to believe in ourselves, patience to motivate ourselves, patience to believe that God and I can do it. When necessary, lean on the truth "I am a child of God." God and I, with patience on my part, can do it. I remind you we do not have to worry about the patience of God, because he is the personification of patience, no matter where we have been, what we have done, or what we, to this moment, have allowed ourselves to think of ourselves. Two of Satan's greatest tools today are spreading impatience and discouragement. Drugs, moral misconduct, violent protest are merely evidences of internal impatience on our part. When you have hours and days of a feeling of inadequacy, when you are inclined to say, "I don't have much going for me; no one cares about me," I bear witness to you that an eternal truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ is the value of the individual. God will not forsake you. Patience Is a Great Power MARVIN J. ASHTON Brigham Young University on 13 February 1973

No comments:

Post a Comment