Saturday, June 23, 2012

Adoption.......

I was reading an article the other day about author Jason Wright's unsuccessful election campaign. In it, he wrote:
I couldn’t help but think how different my life would have been if Heavenly Father had answered a prayer or two. 
I’m so grateful he didn’t.
It wasn't long before I found myself humming a Garth Brooks tune (yep, that one) and thinking about my own unanswered prayers. Gratitude filled my soul that Heavenly Father loved me enough not to give in to my pleadings. He knew better. He had something different planned for me. Something richer. Something that would help me grow and bring me closer to Him. Something that would lead amazing people and opportunities into my life.

That something was adoption.

I don't know what kinds of children my husband and I would have created together. All I know is that I am so happy - so blessed - that I got the ones I did, the way I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment