Monday, June 18, 2012

First and Second Step....


New people in ARP react in various ways to the First Step. Most of them accept the idea of powerlessness, but only with reservations. They find it difficult to believe there is nothing they can do directly to change their loved one’s behavior.
Step Two immediately sounds the ringing note of hope. It assures us that help is at hand, the help of our Father in Heaven that is beyond anything we can understand or imagine.
What can God do for me? He can “restore us to sanity.” It can set my feet on firm ground and show me the way to renew my life which now may be too troubled to allow me to think straight.
My despair may have been so great that I had lost the faith I once had—the complete, surrendering faith in something beyond myself.
Today’s Reminder
In my great need of comfort and reassurance, the Second Step suggest I surrender my will to the wisdom of a LOVING GOD in my effort to find a sane and reasonable way of life.
“A little consideration of what takes place around us every day, would show us that a higher law than that of our will, regulates events; that our painful experiences are not necessary. A believing love will relieve us of a vast load of care. Oh, my brothers, God exists!”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment