Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Repent.... That I May Heal You.......

I am amazed at the Savior’s encircling arms of mercy and love for the repentant, no matter how selfish the forsaken sin. I testify that the Savior is able and eager to forgive our sins. Except for the sins of those few who choose perdition after having known a fullness, there is no sin that cannot be forgiven. What a marvelous privilege for each of us to turn away from our sins and to come unto Christ. Divine forgiveness is one of the sweetest fruits of the gospel, removing guilt and pain from our hearts and replacing them with joy and peace of conscience. Jesus declares, “Will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?” Repenting is quiet and quite private, daily seeking the Lord’s help to make needed changes. Neil L. Andersen, “‘Repent … That I May Heal You’,” Ensign, Nov 2009, 40–43 The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.   - Thomas Szasz

No comments:

Post a Comment