Saturday, May 24, 2014

I am not alone. I have learned to comfort and encourage others,.....

During the days of dealing with terrible situations, every problem loomed so large that I was overwhelmed by it.  It was the most important thing in the world.  It was the final calamity.  Hysteria was in charge.  I must have known there was a world outside all this—a sane, comfortable way of living.  But this was way beyond me while I was wrestling with my daily shocks and despairs.  Now, when I turn to my Father in Heaven I look at my problems with a better sense of proportion and balance.  I see problems worse than mine which some handle with poise and courage.  Thus my difficulties are scaled down to normal sizes; I know I can do something about them because I will take care of myself.

Today’s Reminder

I am not alone.  I have learned to comfort and encourage others, and that gives me a fresh approach to my own difficulties.  I can help others, and they can help me.

“Woe to him that is alone when he falleth, for he hath not another to help him up.”  (Ecclesiastes)
(One day at a time)


We have each other but more importantly, we have our Father in Heaven who is always there to pick us up, especially when we ASK Him to

No comments:

Post a Comment