Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Step 3, Step 11...

Once, for instance, I prayed through the night to know what I was to choose to do in the morning….
I prayed, but for hours there seemed to be no answer. Just before dawn, a feeling came over me. More than at any time since I had been a child, I felt like one. My heart and my mind seemed to grow very quiet. There was a peace in that inner stillness.
Somewhat to my surprise, I found myself praying, “Heavenly Father, it doesn’t matter what I want. I don’t care anymore what I want. I only want that Thy will be done. That is all that I want. Please tell me what to do.”
In that moment I felt as quiet inside as I had ever felt. And the message came, and I was sure who it was from. It was clear what I was to do. I received no promise of the outcome. There was only the assurance that I was a child who had been told what path led to whatever He wanted for me.

Henry B. Eyring, “As a Child,” Ensign, May 2006, 14–17

Step 3: Decide to turn your will and your life over to the care of God the Eternal Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.


Step 11: Seek through prayer and meditation to know the Lord’s will and to have the power to carry it out

No comments:

Post a Comment