Thursday, September 6, 2012

In Reviewing My Day......



Review our day
President Howard W. Hunter suggested reviewing our day through personal prayer: ―While communicating with our Father in Heaven, we ponder our thoughts, words, and deeds of the day and seek help in our personal progress for the morrow. The practice of reviewing the past and setting new directions for the future is a very healthy one, a scripturally encouraging one, in which we can beneficially alter our lives‖ (Howard W. Hunter, ―The Dauntless Spirit of Resolution,‖ fireside talk delivered at Brigham Young University 5 Jan. 1992).

Some possible questions we may ponder are:

Did I pray for the Spirit to guide me?
What am I grateful for today?
What progress did I make?
In what ways was I kind and loving?
Was I able to “let go and let God”?
Did faith or fear control my thoughts?
Am I taking care of myself physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually?

No comments:

Post a Comment